Today, you are probably going to see a lot of discussion around the completely re-vamped vSphere 5.5 Single Sign On (SSO) experience. Most blogs will get very lengthy and technical, I'm going to do the exact opposite. So you've heard the announcement, now here's the 30,000 foot summary.
What's New with vCenter Single Sign-On 5.5 (the short short version)
- Improved Architecture
- Built-in replication
- Site awareness
- There is no database!!!
- One deployment model for all scenarios. Select one of the following:
- vCenter SSO for first or only vCenter server
- vCenter SSO for an additional vCenter server in the same site
- vCenter SSO for an additional vCenter server in a new site (multi-site)
- Full suite of diagnostics and troubleshooting tools
Pretty good stuff. That's really all you need to know. Glad to see VMware re-wrote SSO from the ground up to give customers all the features it was lacking.